Automatic pool cleaners are increasingly being used by pool owners who want to maintain the cleanliness of their pools. Yet, choosing the best automatic pool cleaner for you might be challenging given the variety of models on the market. Here are some automatic pool cleaner pros and cons to assist you:
Pressure-Side Pool Cleaners
- Pressure side pool cleaners are simple to install, quiet to use, and little maintenance.
- They may be slow but can be left alone in the pool for a few hours until they have cleaned the whole base.
- Pressure side pool cleaners have a limited capacity to pick up small material and are rather slow in comparison to other varieties.
- In most cases, they are unable to clean steps, climb walls or clean the waterline.
- They typically require a separate booster pump to increase their strength.
Suction-Side Pool Cleaners
- The advantage of suction side pool cleaners over pressure side versions is their speed, which makes them ideal for more frequent cleaning duties.
- They can take up both little and large trash, including leaves, twigs, and insects.
- They are relatively easy to setup after the first assembly.
- Suction side versions require strong pumps to function properly, which means they use more energy than other robotic cleaner kinds. They might also be unable to deal with a lot of dirt or debris at once if the pump is not strong enough.
- They must be left in a pool for an unknown amount of time, as they do not clean the swimming pool methodically.
Advanced Robotic Pool Cleaners
- When compared to other robotic cleaner types, advanced robotic models offer an improved level of performance.
- They have advanced scanning technologies that enable them to map out entire pools for effective cleaning.
- They can also identify places that need special care, such as stairs, walls, or the waterline, by using these systems to make those determinations.
- More expensive than suction or pressure side models, advanced robotic cleaner models are out of reach for certain customers.
- In order to maintain functioning properly over time, these robots need routine maintenance. If something goes wrong, they may also need repairs.
There is a type of robotic cleaner out there that will meet your needs, regardless of the style of swimming pool you have – above ground, inground, or even one with an infinite edge! When making a purchase, weigh the advantages and disadvantages to ensure that you acquire the model that best suits your needs and budget.
So, we hope that the list of automatic pool cleaner pros and cons helps you decide what is best for you! If you would like any further advice or a quotation for a pool cleaner, please click on the link below!