We may have had to wait an extra year for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, but the delay was well-worth it! Team GB’s swimmers collected a record haul of medals – four golds, three silvers, and a bronze – beating their previous best haul of seven.
It’s a far cry from London 2012, when the swimming team won only three medals in their home Olympics, and not one of which was a gold. In 2021, however, the complete overhaul that British swimming has undergone in the last nine years had paid off, with a raft of achievements:
- Adam Peaty, who won the first gold medal for Team GB in Tokyo, became the first British swimmer to defend his Olympic title successfully (in the men’s 100m breaststroke).
- Tom Dean and Duncan Scott won gold and silver respectfully in the men’s 200m freestyle.
- Dean also won a second gold medal in the 4x200m freestyle relay.
- Luke Greenbank won bronze in the 200m backstroke, while Scott collected silver in the individual medley over the same distance.
- Peaty, Scott, and Greenback – alongside James Wilby and James Guy – finished second in the 4x100m medley relay. In the same event in the mixed teams, Freya Anderson, Kathleen Dawson, and Anna Hopkin joined Adam Peaty and James Guy to win gold.
Why A Home Swimming Pool From JB Elite Is A Must!
It’s no more possible to have an Olympic-sized pool in your garden than it is for most people to become gold-winning medallists, but there are plenty of reasons why a home swimming pool is beneficial:
1) Swimming Is Fantastic Exercise: Few workouts can match the health benefits of swimming. Whatever your age and mobility, swimming will build your cardiovascular health without placing undue stress on your joints, so you can enjoy a stronger heart and lungs, toned muscles, and a healthier weight.
2) Outdoor Swimming Is Good For The Soul: Spending time in an outdoor pool – either exercising, playing, or socialising – means your body can metabolise more serotonin, which is essential for a good mood. The sun also helps to restore vitamin D reserves, something in which many people are deficient.
3) Swimming Can Aid Sleep: Our non-stop stressful way of life is hardly conducive to restful sleep, but swimming is proven to make a real difference to how we relax. A dip before bedtime can bring on REM sleep more quickly, while simply spending family time in the pool, away from smartphones and other gadgets, can reduce stress.
4) Your House Parties Will Be Unforgettable: From children’s birthdays to garden parties for the adults, swimming pools are memorable venues for socials with a difference. Combine a pool party with a barbeque, mobile bar, or big screen entertainment for an event that everyone will love!
Contact JB Elite Today